Promethera Biosciences is a global innovator in liver therapeutics whose mission is to bring life-saving treatments to reduce the need for liver transplantation. Our lead clinical program, derived from our patented cell technology platform HepaStem, is designed to benefit from its immune-modulatory and anti-fibrotic properties. In addition to our cell-based pipeline, we develop antibody technologies, such as the anti-TNF-R1 antibody Atrosimab, to complement and diversify our therapeutic options. We are a team of international experts operating out of facilities in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium, Durham, NC, USA, Tokyo, Japan and Basel, Switzerland.
If you are sharing our vision of becoming the world leader in regenerative medicine in the liver space by developing innovative advanced therapies for acquired liver diseases and if you are looking for new challenges amongst a dynamic and international team of more than 140 people, consider a collaboration with our fast-growing company. Promethera Biosciences is currently hiring a Compliance Officer.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION:
The Compliance Officer gives his/her support to the Compliance Manager, to whom he/she will report, in the execution of her mission of ensuring that Promethera Biosciences Group operates according to the Corporate governance and legal requirements.
Under the supervision of the Compliance Manager, you will assist in:
- Supporting the colleagues of the other departments to ensure risk reporting to the relevant governance bodies of the company ;
- Improving the awareness of colleagues about risk management ;
- Delivering trainings to create an effective culture of Compliance, Ethics and Risk Management ;
- The drafting and reviewing process of internal corporate policies to ensure their implementation throughout the whole Group ;
- Keeping an accurate and up-to-date Internal Policy framework that meets legal requirements;
- Developing structures to evidence compliance with the required regulations, including GDPR requirements, and internal corporate policies ;
- Several other necessary tasks to support the compliance function.
Technical skills :
- Master’s degree in Law
- At least 4 years of experience in corporate law, experience in GDPR compliance is a plus
- Previous experience working in a compliance or risk management function is a real plus
- Experience in a biotech company or similar would be an asset
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Fluency in English; good knowledge of French
Soft skills :
- Ability to work autonomously, without extensive supervision, by structuring your own workload and ensuring timely and quality delivery ;
- Ability to work in a team, taking into account the dependency from other colleagues and their own priorities, while being assertive
- Disciplined, detail oriented, process-driven and possess strong organizational skills as well as sound business judgment
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Willingness to be flexible and keen to work in a dynamic and evolving environment
- A challenging position in an international and multicultural working environment
- Be part of a dynamic team
- A salary package in line with skills and experience
- At our headquarters in Mont-Saint-Guibert / Gosselies, Belgium
You may apply for this position by sending your CV and application letter to email@example.com
Please note that, due to the high number of applications we receive, only retained candidates for interview will be contacted.