Promethera Biosciences is a global innovator in liver therapeutics whose mission is to bring patients life-saving treatments to reduce the need for liver transplantation. Our lead clinical program, derived from our patented cell technology platform HepaStem, is designed to benefit from its immune-modulatory and anti-fibrotic properties. In addition to our cell-based pipeline we develop antibody technologies, such as the anti-TNF-R1 antibody Atrosimab, to complement and diversify our therapeutic options. We are a team of international experts operating out of facilities in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium, Durham, NC, USA, Tokyo, Japan and Basel, Switzerland.
If you are sharing our vision of becoming the world leader in regenerative medicine in the liver space by developing innovative advanced therapies for acquired liver diseases and if you are looking for new challenges amongst a dynamic and international team of more than 130 people, consider a collaboration with our fast-growing company. Promethera Biosciences is currently hiring an experienced Director Business Development -Licensing (“DBDL”).
- PURPOSE & SCOPE ACTIVITIES
The purpose of the function within the Business Development team is to valorise Promethera’s assets with external parties.
- OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE
To identify and establish external partnerships by licensing-out Promethera’s lead products with external pharmaceutical companies. Furthermore, build external partnerships for co-development of products with external parties based on Promethera’s platform technologies. The DBDL shall in close coordination with the CBO initiate and conduct license discussions with external companies and lead in this process a) the due diligence activities with such parties, and b) determine and defend the valuation of the licensed products both on contractual as well as financial terms.
- EXPECTED RESULTS
To close license-based partnerships with major (bio)pharmaceutical parties
Full-time Belgian contract with a competitive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with a privately held Biotech company. For foreign applicants’ alternative contract terms, eg based on consultancy could be considered as well.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Master in Pharmaceutical Science or another related subject
- Minimum 5 years in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry with track record in international deal making
- Highly energetic person with a mindset to identify and focus on closing deals under aggressive timeline
- Strong personality and capable of pushing things beyond a normal process and hungry for achieving multiple successes.
- Strong communication skills internally and to external partners
- Capable to understand and coordinate the diligence process, contract negotiations and valorization of assets in support of Promethera’s internal team members.
- Strong leadership to drive negotiations and internal follow-ups under challenging time lines
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrate respect of Ethics
- Quality minded, autonomous, rigorous and pro-active
- Demonstrated teamwork
- Fluent EN, all additional language is an added value
- At our headquarters in Mont-Saint-Guibert / Gosselies, Belgium
- Must be able accept substantial travelling
You may apply for this position by sending your CV and application letter to email@example.com
Please note that, due to the high number of applications we receive, only retained candidates for interview will be contacted.