Promethera Biosciences is a global innovator in liver therapeutics whose mission is to bring life-saving treatments to reduce the need for liver transplantation. Our lead clinical program, derived from our patented cell technology platform HepaStem, is designed to benefit from its immune-modulatory and anti-fibrotic properties. In addition to our cell-based pipeline, we develop antibody technologies, such as the anti-TNF-R1 antibody Atrosimab, to complement and diversify our therapeutic options. We are a team of international experts operating out of facilities in Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium, Durham, NC, USA, Tokyo, Japan and Basel, Switzerland.
If you are sharing our vision of becoming the world leader in regenerative medicine in the liver space by developing innovative advanced therapies for acquired liver diseases and if you are looking for new challenges amongst a dynamic and international team of more than 100 people, consider a collaboration with our fast-growing company. Promethera Biosciences is currently hiring a Process Development Technician.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
- Report directly to Process Development Manager
- All internal process improvement projects.
- Identify process improvement opportunities, propose solutions and testing parameters, execute testing and report findings.
- Implement new process improvement procedures.
- Planning and executing bioreactor experiments, monitoring cell cultures according to a study plan
- Developing downstream processing protocols
- Will work closely with operations management to facilitate expansion opportunities.
- Interface with R&D, QC and QA teams
- Reporting on experiments, write reports
- Collaborations with external partners
- Other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Master degree in sciences or bio-engineering with minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of closed system- Minimum of 3 years
- Experience with cell culture is required ; experience with mesenchymal stem cell is a plus
- Experience with bioreactors and microcarriers is required
- Thorough understanding and mastery of analytical QC methods as Flow cytometry, Q-PCR and cell based assays
- English professional proficiency
- Computer skills
- Rigorous, passionate, dynamic and excellent team skills
- Hands-on problem solving and proactive attitude
- Project management skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of production and management
- At our headquarters in Mont-Saint-Guibert / Gosselies, Belgium
You may apply for this position by sending your CV and application letter to HR@promethera.com
Please note that, due to the high number of applications we receive, only retained candidates for interview will be contacted.