Promethera® Biosciences scientific strategy is based on the advice of a distinguished panel of international experts in cell therapy and liver disease.
Promethera® Biosciences’ Scientific Advisory Board is comprised of seven independent, internationally renowned key opinion leaders in hepatology and liver research.
It works closely with Promethera® Biosciences to support its management team and board of directors, providing strategic, scientific and medical advice on various clinical applications of its technologies for a broad range of liver diseases .
- Cell engraftment, the acceptance of transplanted cells which then express enzyme activity
- Cell encapsulation in biopolymeric membranes which permits cell activity while protecting them from destruction by the host’s immune system
- Cell editing or re-programming to provide altered function
- Maintenance and expansion of specific cells
- Clinical translation of certain features of Promethera® Biosciences’ cells to treat liver diseases
- Development of relevant small and large animal models.
Etienne Sokal – MD, PhD
Senior Scientific & Medical Advisor
Chairman of the Medical & Scientific Advisory Board
Massimo Pinzani – MD, PhD, FRCP
Anil Dhawan – MD, FRCPCH
Sanjeev Gupta – MBBS, MD, FRCP, FACP, FAASLD
Michael Ott – MD
Andreas Nuessler – PhD
Patrice Cani – RD, MSc, PhD
Dr. Mustapha Najimi has been part of Promethera® Biosciences since its foundation and is co-inventor of 2 patents on Heterologous Human Adult Live Progenitor Cells (HHALPC). He provides his valuable expertise to the Promethera® team as a special scientific advisor.